Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

YIPPEE! The House is on the Lot!

This is what I saw when I turned the corner, all I thought was, "Oh my Gosh"!
Closer......to the house in the middle of the road!
Yes....here it is....close up!  I spoke with Don at this point and he reassured me everything was going well and that they just needed to back the house in....."just"-WOW.....it's old hat for these guys!
Here the house is on the lot.....next step:  slide it over the foundation!  Too bad it is suppose to rain tonight-that means probably no work on it tomorrow.
Front view of house....the house will slide forward on those beams; just opposite of how they slid it off!
Well....what we have all been waiting for......the big move!   The house began it's journey last night at 3:00 a.m. and was on the lot before 8:00 this morning.  This morning, I ventured over to see the progress; at about 7:15 a.m..  I decided to drive from the east and enter Ninth Street south of our lot.  As I turned the corner.....there it was.....my house in the middle of the street; just a bit south of the intersection of 9th and Pine!  Everything went well.  One tree was damaged during the route; however this was a tree that apparently needed trimming.  One of our neighbors caught about three hours of the move on video camera-so I am looking forward to seeing that!  It was neat to see so many people out watching....and of course had their coffee cups in their hands!  We had some well wishers stop by this evening to chat....what a nice neighborhood :-)!

If you are interested in seeing the route of the house move, check out the link to my map to see the path.

No comments:

Post a Comment