Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 13, 2011

I'm loving the floors!

This weekend I hope will be very productive.  We plan on painting the kitchen and the laundry room.  The floors for these room will be in next week-so we need to finish these rooms first.  We have decided on all of the wall colors which seemed to take forever.

As I was cleaning the bathroom tonight-I was about to throw away a light fixture that I though was just a piece of junk....it was actually the ceiling light fixture from the bathroom that was a temporary sconce quick fix while we were working.  I realized that it was painted over porcelain.  After cleaning it up-a beautiful white fixture with two black accent rings-what a find!  We will use that fixture for the entry way between the kitchen and the garage.



To the right, you can get a glimpse of the tile in the master bathroom shower.  It is a black with white veining 12 x 12 tile.  We will be using a off white gray for the grout on this tile.  The base of the shower and the bathroom floor will be white with a border of black tile (2" x 2").  We also will add a sealer on the shower tile so it will look a bit shiny!

 I am LOVING the color of our "new" wood floors.  The 100 year old maple looks really pretty.  Left,  you can see the floor in our bedroom.  A few days before we move in, Joe will add a final coat of finish.
 This picture shows one of the walls in the office-I am AMAZED at how well this room is turning out.  It is the room that was in really tough shape with all of the cracks.  It looks perfect now!
This is the ceiling in the living room.  We decided to keep the patterned walls in the living room, foyer and dining room.  I think it will make a nice contrast to our new plastered ceiling.

1 comment: